Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Another Tube Bites the Dust

We're all breathing easier now (and some of us with less tubes in the way). They finally pulled the ventilator tube out Abigail's throat just a minute ago.  Along with that came the feeding tube from her nose!  Not to mention the catheter for her urine.  She'll be tube free in no time!

Her little vocal chords are a little sore, and her cry is a whimpering rasp (video of that coming later).  It's sort of sad, but good to hear some cries (as the tube doesn't allow the vocal chords to produce any sounds). I never thought I would be so happy to hear a baby cry!  Will someone remind me of that four months from now?  Below are some post-ventilator tube photos:


"I'm breathing easy, Baby."


Abby, "The Thinker," pondering the meaning of a tubeless life.


A stern look from Abby as she plans her revenge on all those who have been poking her these last two weeks.



8 comments:

Reeves said...

She is SO cute! My parents told me about Abby last week and I forgot to look at the blog (Valerie and I are @ BYU now, I've been a little busy)

I have cried and laughed as I've been reading your blog.

She is so beautiful!
I am glad she and your family are all doing well

Love, Allyson

Ashlee said...

YAY!!!!!! So happy to hear this good news and these pictures are just too cute!

Aim said...

Woo Hoo! I love that last picture, she really does look like she is planning something.

debi said...

Jeff your comments are killer funny. She is such a dolly. I love her so.

Larry Reeves said...

what a beautiful little babe. I'm so glad the tubes are continuing to come out. I love the hat, too!

Brigitta said...

Yipee for abigail and for you guys too. So exciting that she is becoming tube free so quickly after a najor surgery. Love the hat on her. So glad I was able to see her today she is so amazing and it was so fun to see you guys. Thanks for letting me steal a visit.

Dan Doxey said...

Yahoo!! So exited for you--and Abigail!
The Doxeys

Summer said...

That is GREAT news!!! She is absolutely precious!!!