Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Prayer for Rocindy and Keeyondra

I've been working on a blog for a woman in the CVICU that Lisa initially befriended (of course, Lisa befriended her--she has a knack for finding people who need friends).  This woman is here with here 2-month old baby, alone and without a camera.  Her husband couldn't afford to make the trip with her.  She has been here for two months. She sleeps at the hospital. No car either.  And as I drive my hostess' PT cruiser home to the three million dollar home I get to sleep in, I do wonder why justice is sometimes delayed in this world.  Life just isn't fair. 

Anyway, her name is Rocindy, and her baby's name is Keeyondra. She is going in for an all-day surgery (the first of many) tomorrow.  I took some pictures and video of her sweet, little girl and made the first video yesterday.  Today, I lent her my i-phone and she took a 6-minute video (which I've been uploading for the last hour via my wireless internet connection here in Menlo Park).  Go check out her blog, make a comment, and keep them both in your prayers:  http://www.keeyondra.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Dear Jeff and Lisa, I just wanted to let you know that our family is praying for all of you, especially beautiful Abigail Rose. We heard about you from a friend here in Manti whose cousin knows you. Then in our regional conference on Sunday, President Eyring spoke of giving a blessing to a beautiful baby girl. I knew it was your Abigail from what my friend had said. Jeff, you mentioned in a previous post that you didn't understand why this had happened or something to that effect. Today part of the reason was clear to me; your befriending Rocindy and her baby. I have much more to say, but this is too long for a comment already. Oh, another baby with a heart problem is having surgery in the Boston area today, here is their link; http://sweetheartmaddox.blogspot.com
They are a sweet family as well and trying to be valaint in their faith. I am so thankful for your family as well as theirs for helping me realize my blessings and recommit to being a better person. You don't know me or my family, but we all love you!
Shelly in Utah