Friday, November 13, 2009

Video: Abigail Trying to Wake Up



Before Abigail was born I committed that I was going to slow down with this one, and savor more of her early days. I, of course, had no idea what I was committing to, or how much of her first month I would get to savor. What a joy it has been to watch most of the waking moments of her life: the arches of her back as she stretches in the morning; the gaping yawns; her attempts at latching onto the bottle or the breast; the lower lip that protrudes just as her cry is mounting; her searching, blue eyes that project so much trust and sense of wonder. It's been a beautiful month

I can't wait to get home to savor the Big Four like I never have before.

1 comment:

Aim said...

That is totally how I feel sometimes when I am trying to wake up. She is so cute!