Monday, October 26, 2009

The Ward Fasts

I forgot to thank the Hillcrest 8th Ward for the special fast they held for Abigail today.  We continue to feel the effects of all of your faith.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  The primary president, Jana Kofford, commented that many of the junior primary had fasted for Abby. I know that Emma was one of them. 

I fasted today as well, and I will say that is the first 24 hour fast I have done in a while (I'm usually just a two meal kind of a guy, who sadly doesn't stretch himself too much in this regard).  Not surprisingly, this was one easy, and I wasn't rushing to fridge when hour 24 rolled around.  In fact, I kind of didn't want to eat, as I was enjoying the spirit of the day too much. 

Lisa is a nursing mother (or shall we say, a pumping mother) who can't afford to fast, as she has to produce milk every three hours (they want her pumping at least 8 times a day). But even though her stomach wasn't into it, her heart was.  Good night.

Jeff

1 comment:

JoNell said...

Thanks so much for the updates. Hope you know that you all are in our prayers. love you, JoNell